- Brand: Sony
- Product Code: PXW-FS7M2
The PXW-FS7M2K model includes the SELP18110 servo zoom lens.
Sony just introduced a second E-Mount, Super 35mm Servo Zoom lens, the SEL-P18110G.
This lens covers Super35mm & APSC sensors. It is compatible with Sony α Mount System cameras, including the α7 series interchangeable-lens cameras and professional Super 35mm 4K camcorders
like Sony’s FS7 or FS5.
This 2nd generation servo zoom lens incorporates significant developments for motion picture production: Snap zooms are possible thanks to a fully mechanical zoom system and Sony SMO design features.
The SEL-P18110G is compact and lightweight -2.4lbs - with a tough magnesium-alloy metal body and a highly practical 18 to 110mm focal range (6.1x zoom). Its wide zoom range and close minimum object distance enables following of the action from up close or far away; an extremely useful feature for Cinéma Vérité style filmmaking
Sony’s Smooth Motion Optics (SMO) design, developed to optimize performance for motion image filmmaking, offers the following advantages:
• No Ramping: The F stop does not change when zooming in.
• Parfocal: The lens holds focus while zooming.
• No Breathing: The image size does not change or appear to zoom while focusing.
• No optical axis shifting: The image does not move in the frame while zooming.
• Use of very precise, smooth and quiet iris zoom and focus motors
Optical performance is Sony G Lens™ class; similar to the FE-PZ2813 G. State of the art optical materials and manufacturing are employed featuring: 18 elements in a 15 group construction including six aspherical elements, three ED Glass elements plus multi-coating for low flare, high contrast and exceptional optical performance.
Filmmakers will fully appreciate the lens’ extended creative capabilities for shooting motion images:
• Internal focus, parfocal, high contrast, sharp to the edges, with circular Iris aperture for beautiful bokeh, maintains constant F4 maximum aperture and is dust and moisture resistant
• Non- perceptible: breathing, ramping, optical axis deviation, lateral and longitudinal chromatic aberrations or Seidel aberrations: spherical, coma, astigmatism, curvature of field and distortion.
• Discrete Iris, Zoom & Focus rings with markings on the barrel.
• The manual focus ring includes a Cine-Style 0.8mm pitch gear, compatible with follow focus and external motor drives.
• The push-pull focus ring seamlessly switches between auto and manual without removing your hand from the lens barrel.
• The mechanical zoom ring has a predictable linear response; is fully capable of snap zooms and is entirely devoid of lag. The direction of the zoom ring rotation is reversible.
• Maximum zoom ring rotation: Focus 240 Degrees, Zoom & Iris 90 Degrees are ideal for "running and gunning" yet wide enough for precise narrative style productions.
• The Iris aperture can be manually changed in 1/3 stop increments when “Click” is engaged. Click-less and servo mode operation enable super smooth iris pulls by seamlessly varying aperture with 1/128th stop precision.
• Selectable Auto / Manual Focus & Optical SteadyShot (Image stabilizer)
• The supplied Sunshade has a built-in louver style lens cap mechanism. A traditional circular cap is also supplied for use when the louver sunshade is not used.
PXW-FS7M2: 4K XDCAM Super 35mm CompactCamcorder w/o Lens
PXW-FS7M2K: 4K XDCAM Super 35mm Compact Camcorder with E PZ 18-110mm F4 G OSS Lens*
*See Tab Above
Sony is pleased to announce a $300 instant rebate promotion for a PXW-FS7M2 or PXW-FS7M2K when purchased with the BPU-60 battery.
Expires June 30, 2017
Now there’s an even more versatile, more capable, more responsive version of Sony’s FS7. Based on feedback from cinematographers, we’ve complemented the FS7 with the FS7 II. Here’s all the performance of the original, and more. Surpass ordinary exposure control with our Variable ND filter. Secure your lenses with our Lever Lock type E-Mount. Work faster, with greater confidence thanks to even more refined ergonomics. And change your point of view with Sony’s highly capable 18-110mm servo zoom. Welcome to the next level in handheld shooting.
Electronic Variable ND
Here’s a fresh way to control exposure. Aperture adjustments affect your depth of field. Shutter speed adjustments affect the presentation of motion. But Sony’s Variable ND maintains optimum exposure without sacrificing any other parameters. Auto ND mode achieves auto exposure with cine lenses, rangefinder glass and third-party SLR lenses. And Auto ND empowers you to park your iris at the lens “sweet spot,” where distortions are lowest and resolution is highest.
Lever Lock type E-Mount
A robust E-Mount with a locking collar makes for more confident lens changes. To mount, simply hold the lens steady and turn the collar instead. When the collar clicks, your lens is securely locked into place. This minimizes image shifting as you work. The Lever Lock type E-Mount also supports heavier cine and ENG lenses without additional rigging. As before, the camera accepts Sony’s E-Mount lenses, along with simple third-party adaptors for PL mount cinema lenses, SLR and DSLR glass, and even classic rangefinder lenses.
Ergonomics to work faster, with more confidence
The ergonomics set the FS7 apart. Now they’re even better. Put the viewfinder exactly where you want it with the robust multi-adjustable arm. Extend Sony’s telescoping Smart Grip arm entirely without tools. Park the arm alongside the body for waist-level shooting. Then experience the Smart Grip, body shape and balance that so many cinematographers have praised.
Sony’s highly capable 18-110 mm servo zoom
Sony engineered the new SEL-P18110G for moving pictures. You can switch between motorized zoom or full manual, with snap zooms just a flick away. Across the entire zoom range, there’s minimal shift in focus, minimal shift in image axis and no loss in F-stop. The direct focus ring offers 240° of travel and 0.8 mm gearing, the standard for follow focus. We also took care in selecting the focal lengths. 18mm is nice and wide, while 110mm is perfect for interviews.
To the 4K Super35 performance of the original PXW-FS7, the FS7 II also adds the following refinements.
• ITU-R BT.2020 recording is directly compatible with BT.2020 distribution
• Pop-up LCD monitor hood in addition to the detachable eyepiece
• Improved eyepiece hook for more secure attachment
• Easier access to media cards for convenient removal