- Brand: Sony
- Product Code: PXW-Z90V
|Built-in Optical Filters||OFF: Clear, 1: 1/4ND, 2: 1/16ND, 3: 1/64ND|
|Effective Picture Elements||Approx.14.2M pixels(16:9)/Approx.12.0M pixels(3:2)|
|Gain||-3, 0, 3, 6, 9, 12,15, 18, 21, 24, 27, 30, 33 dB, AGC|
|Imaging Device||1.0-type (13.2mm x 8.8mm) back-illuminated Exmor RS CMOS sensor|
|Minimum Illumination||Standard [60i] 3lux(1/60 Shutter Speed, gain 33dB)|
Standard [50i] 3lux(1/50 Shutter Speed, gain 33dB)
LowLux [60i] 1.7lux(1/30 Shutter Speed, gain 33dB)
LowLux [50i] 1.7lux(1/25 Shutter Speed, gain 33dB)
|Shutter Speed (Time)||[60i]: 1/8 - 1/10,000|
(1/6 - 1/10,000 when shooting with 24p)
[50i]: 1/6 -1/10,000
|Slow & Quick Motion Function||[60i]:2160p:Frame rate selectable 1,2,4,8,15,30fps|
[50i]:2160p:Frame rate selectable 1,2,3,6,12,25fps
[60i]:1080p:Frame rate selectable 1,2,4,8,15,30,60,120fps
[50i]:1080p:Frame rate selectable 1,2,3,6,12,25,50,100fps
|White Balance||Preset（Indoor:3200K, Outdoor:5600K±7 steps, Color temparature set range:2300-15000K)|
Onepush A, B, Auto selectable
|Battery Operating Time||Approx. 140min. with NP-FV70A battery (while recording with LCD, XAVC QFHD 2160/30p, 60Mbps)|
Approx. 265 min. with NP-FV70A battery (while playing with LCD, XAVC QFHD 2160/30p, 60Mbps)
|Built-in Microphone||Omni-directional stereo electret condenser microphone|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||4 7/8 x 4 1/8 x 10 7/8 inches (lens hood, large eyecup), excluding the grip belt and including projecting parts)|
5 1/8 x 7 1/4 x 11 3/8 inches (lens hood, large eyecup, XLR handle unit), excluding the grip belt and including projecting parts)
|Operating Temperature||32°F to 104°F|
|Power Consumption||Approx. 6.5 W(while recording with viewfinder and XAVC QFHD 2160/30p 60Mbps)|
Approx. 6.9 W (while recording with LCD and XAVC QFHD 2160/30p 60Mbps)
|Power Requirements||DC In: 8.4V|
|Recording Format||Recording Format (Video):|
XAVC QFHD : MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 4:2:0 Long profile
XAVC HD : MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 4:2:2 Long profile
XAVC Proxy : MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 4:2:0 Long profile
MPEG HD422 (CBKZ-SLMP required) : MPEG-2 422P@HL 4:2:2 Long profile
MPEG HD420 (CBKZ-SLMP required) : MPEG-2 MP@HL 4:2:0 Long profile
MPEG HD Proxy (CBKZ-SLMP required) : MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 4:2:0 Long profile
AVCHD : MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 AVCHD 2.0 format compatible
Recording Format (Audio):
XAVC QFHD : Linear PCM 2ch, 24bit, 48kHz
XAVC HD : Linear PCM 2ch, 24bit, 48kHz
XAVC Proxy : AAC-LC 2ch、16bit, 48kHz
MPEG HD422 (CBKZ-SLMP required) : Linear PCM 2ch, 24bit, 48kHz
MPEG HD420 (CBKZ-SLMP required) : Linear PCM 2ch, 16bit, 48kHz
MPEG HD Proxy (CBKZ-SLMP required) : AAC-LC 2ch、16bit, 48kHz
AVCHD : Linear PCM 2ch, 16bit, 48kHz / Dolby Digital 2ch, 16bit, 48kHz
|Recording Frame Rate||XAVC QFHD (3840 x 2160) @29.97p, 25p, 23.98p 100Mbps/60Mbps|
XAVC HD (1920 x 1080) @59.94p, 50p, 29.97p, 25p, 23.98p, 50Mbps/35Mbps
XAVC HD (1920 x 1080) @59.94i, 50i, 50Mbps/35Mbps/25Mbps
XAVC HD (1280 x 720) @59.94p, 50p, 50Mbps
XAVC Proxy (1280 x 720) @59.94p, 50p, 29.97p, 25p, 23.98p, 9Mbps
XAVC Proxy (640 x 360) @59.94p, 50p, 29.97p, 25p, 23.98p, 3Mbps
MPEG HD422 (1920 x 1080) (CBKZ-SLMP required) @59.94i, 50i, 29.97p, 25p, 23.98p, 50Mbps
MPEG HD422 (1280 x 720) (CBKZ-SLMP required) @59.94p, 50p, 50Mbps
MPEG HD420 (1920 x 1080) @59.94i, 50i, 29.97p, 25p, 23.98p, HQ mode(35Mbps)
MPEG HD420 (1440 x 1080) (CBKZ-SLMP required) @59.94i, 50i, HQ mode(35Mbps)
MPEG HD420 (1280 x 720) (CBKZ-SLMP required) @59.94p, 50p, HQ mode(35Mbps)
MPEG HD Proxy (1280 x 720) (CBKZ-SLMP required) @59.94p, 50p, 29.97p, 25p, 23.98p, 9Mbps
MPEG HD Proxy (640 x 360) (CBKZ-SLMP required) @59.94p, 50p, 29.97p, 25p, 23.98p 3Mbps
AVCHD (1920 x 1080)@59.94p, 50p, PS mode (28Mbps)
AVCHD (1920 x 1080) @59.94i/50i FX mode (24Mbps) FH mode(17Mbps)
AVCHD (1920 x 1080) @29.97p/25p/23.98p, FX mode (24Mbps)
AVCHD (1440 x 1080)@59.94i, 50i LP mode (5Mbps)
AVCHD (1280 x 720)@59.94p, 50p, HQ mode (9Mbps)
|Recording/Playback Time||XAVC QFHD @LPCM 2ch 100 Mbps|
Approx. 65 min with 64 GB memory card
XAVC QFHD @LPCM 2ch 60 Mbps
Approx. 100 min with 64 GB memory card
XAVC HD @LPCM 2ch 50 Mbps
Approx. 120 min with 64 GB memory card
XAVC HD @LPCM 2ch 35 Mbps
Approx. 170 min with 64 GB memory card
XAVC HD @LPCM 2ch 25 Mbps
Approx. 220 min with 64 GB memory card
MPEG HD422 (CBKZ-SLMP required) @LPCM 2ch 50 Mbps
Approx. 110 min with 64 GB memory card
MPEG HD420 (CBKZ-SLMP required) @LPCM 2ch HQ Mode
Approx. 170 min with 64 GB memory card
AVCHD @LPCM 2ch PS Mode
Approx. 305 min with 64 GB memory card
AVCHD @LPCM 2ch FX Mode
Approx. 360 min with 64 GB memory card
AVCHD @LPCM 2ch FH Mode
Approx. 495 min with 64 GB memory card
AVCHD @LPCM 2ch HQ Mode
Approx. 880 min with 64 GB memory card
AVCHD @LPCM 2ch LP Mode
Approx. 1540 min with 64 GB memory card
|Storage Temperature||-4°F to +140°F|
|Audio Input||XLR-type 3-pin (female) (x2), line/mic/mic +48 V selectable|
|Audio Output||Integrated into Multi/Micro USB jack|
|DC Input||DC jack|
|HDMI Output||Type A (x1)|
|Headphone Output||Stereo mini jack (x1)|
|Remote||Integrated into Multi/Micro USB jack|
Stereo mini-mini jack (Φ2.5mm)
|SDI Input||BNC (x1), 3G/HD/SD|
SMPTE 424M/292M/259M standards
|USB||Multi/Micro USB jack (x1)|
|Video Output||Integrated into Multi/Micro USB jack（×1）, Composite 1.0Vp-p, 75Ω|
|Type||Memory Stick Pro Duo™ and SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible x1 SD/SDHC/SDXC x1|
|Built-in LCD Monitor||8.8cm (3.5 type)|
Approx. 1.56M dots
|Viewfinder||1.0cm (0.39 type) OLED|
Approx. 2.36M dots
4K broadcast palm-sized camcorder with Fast Hybrid AF, Instant HDR, 3G-SDI
Purchase a Sony PXW-Z90V and Receive a $200.00 Instant Rebate (Price After Rebate is $2599.00)
Expires July 27, 2019
For unobtrusiveness, agility and ubiquitous newsgathering, there’s never been anything like Sony’s PXW-Z90V. Here’s the highest performance we’ve ever built into a palm-sized XDCAM® camera. With advances like 4K (3840 x 2160) resolution, Instant HDR, a giant one-inch type image sensor and Fast Hybrid Auto Focus, you’ll capture images of superlative quality. And with 3G-SDI output, 2.5 / 5 GHz wireless streaming and compatibility with Sony’s XDCAM Air™ production system, you’ll fit right into the broadcast environment.
• Large 1” (1.0-type) stacked Exmor RS® CMOS sensor with BIONZ X™ processor: balances cinematic look with run & gun flexibility; achieves high resolution (14.2 MP effective), superb low light performance (1.7 lux, Low Lux mode) and high frame rates.
• Powerful fast, Hybrid auto focus maintains focus, even on unpredictable and fast-moving subjects; combines the best aspects of Phase Detection and Contrast Detection; 273 points cover 84% of the frame
• Instant HDR workflow with Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) encoding delivers the spectacular bright highlights and deep shadows of High Dynamic Range, yet maintains compatibility with conventional workflows and monitors
• Stunning 1-120 fps continuous Slow & Quick Motion in Full HD for beautiful, balletic slow motion playback, dramatic time lapse sequences and the quality of 4:2:2 10-bit recording
• Up to 960 fps Super Slow Motion at selected resolutions in cache recording mode
• 4K resolution (3840 x 2160) in addition to Full HD
• XAVC® L recording up to 100 Mbps in 4K mode; Full HD recording with the rich color of 4:2:2 sampling and 10-bit precision
• AVCHD® recording for compatibility with legacy systems
• S-Gamut3/S-Log3 recording captures extraordinary color and the range of sensor values from deepest shadows to brightest highlights
• Picture Profile enables you to create favorite “looks” and store them for immediate recall
• Proxy Recording for high-speed transfers to post production
• 2.4 / 5 GHz wireless streaming with comprehensive networking features including support for the XDCAM® air system
• Sony’s QoS streaming: high quality on a single cellular channel
• Ustream™ live streaming service support
• Wireless FTP file transfers copy assets with bit-for-bit accuracy
• Wireless remote control and monitoring via Content Browser Mobile™ app
• Zeiss® Vario-Sonnar® T* 12x optical zoom lens with 29mm wide angle achieves high contrast, high resolution and impressive wide angle coverage
• Clear Image Zoom can engage seamlessly when you reach full telephoto, reaches up to 18x in 4K, 24x in Full HD
• 2x Digital Extender achieves up to 48x zoom in HD
• Built-in ND Filters enable you to achieve shallow depth of field even in bright sunlight; positions for Clear, 1/4, 1/16 and 1/64
• Remote control port for Sony’s RM-1BP, RM-30BP controllers, sold separately
• Simple multi-cam live production with MCX-500 switcher, sold separately
• Bright, high resolution 2,359K dot OLED viewfinder
• 3.5-type LCD touchscreen monitor with 1550K dots
• Detachable handle with XLR mic inputs, 2nd record button, 2nd zoom lever
• Body mounted minijack mic input
• Multi Interface (MI) Shoe supports a range of compatible Sony accessories, including UWP-D Series wireless 2-channel mic systems
• Dual media slots with Relay and Simultaneous recording modes
• 3G-SDI output for signals up to 1080/60p
Remarkable 1.0-inch type Exmor RS™ sensor
To deliver unprecedented performance, the camera features an unprecedented 1.0-inch type stacked image sensor. The difference is substantial.
• More cinematic. Compared to smaller 1/3 or 1/4 type sensors, the 1-inch type delivers more beautiful background defocusing (bokeh). So you can focus on what you want to show and defocus the rest.
• Phenomenal low light performance. The sensor features 20 megapixels (14.2 MP effective). Yet thanks to the uncommonly large sensor area and back illumination, low light performance is impressive. Minimum illumination is 1.7 lux (in Low Lux mode).
• Faster. Sony’s “stacked” sensor design incorporates memory, doubling the readout speed compared to a conventional 1.0-type sensor. This explains the camera’s ability to capture up to 120 fps in Full HD or capture 4K reading out all the pixels without binning. Sony also separates the circuit layer from the pixel layer to optimize high-speed performance. And we matched the sensor to the BIONZ X™ processor and a front-end LSI, both of which help deliver autofocus speed and precision.
Fast Hybrid auto focus conquers action
Fast or unpredictable subject motion can trip up the Contrast Detection auto focus of conventional camcorders. The PXW-Z90V stays ahead of the action using Hybrid auto focus (AF). This system combines both Contrast Detection and Phase Detection. Some 273 reference points cover 84% of the sensor area to lock onto moving subjects from sports and dance to natural history and breaking news. Selecting the focus area is as simple as touching the camera’s LCD monitor screen. Additional features include 4K face detection, object tracking and adjustments for AF Tracking Depth. They all work together seamlessly to capture fast-moving subjects with consistent sharpness.
Instant High Dynamic Range (HDR)
With the ability to reproduce images from deep shadows to piercing highlights, 4K High Dynamic Range (HDR) televisions are sweeping the market and demand for HDR production is booming. While broadcasters recognize the benefits of HDR, they still need to deliver content quickly and effectively. The PXW-Z90V meets this demand with Sony’s Instant HDR workflow. Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) recording captures HDR, yet plays back beautifully on both HDR and conventional monitors and televisions. There’s no need to devote extra time to post-production work and color grading. For added versatility, the camera also provides S-Log3 encoding.
Up to 120 fps High Frame Rates
High Frame Rate shots can turn everyday actions into slow motion ballet. The PXW-Z90V delivers up to 120 frames per second (fps) in Full HD, giving you up to 5 times slow motion during 24p playback. There's no sacrifice in bit depth and no "windowing" of the sensor. Compared to normal frame rates, there's no crop factor, no loss in angle of view. Burst mode recording offers even higher frame rates – 240 fps, 480 fps and 960 fps – at specific resolutions.
Broadcast quality 4K and Full HD
The PXW-Z90V records 4K (3840 x 2160) at 100 Mbps using the advanced XAVC-L codec, which also supports Full HD. This advanced recording system combines stunning picture quality with workflow flexibility and storage efficiency. For compatibility with legacy systems, the camera offers AVCHD™ recording. MPEG HD 422 and MPEG HD 420 recording is also available with CBKZ-SLMP firmware, sold separately.
2.4 / 5 GHz wireless networking
The PXW-Z90V comes with 2.4 / 5 GHz Wi-Fi as standard. Simply turn on and log onto your preferred network to enjoy a host of wireless production features.
• Ustream® Direct Streaming enables you to share scenes as they happen with high quality picture and sound. No switcher required.
• Sony’s QoS Streaming achieves high quality and high stability over a single cellphone channel. You get viewing at a remote location with setup controlled from the camera’s menu.
• File Transfer Protocol (FTP) enables you to transfer bit-for-bit copies of camera files over the Internet to an FTP server. It’s perfect for transferring either proxies or full-res content.
• XDCAM air™ system automatically uploads proxy footage to the cloud so editing can start immediately. Journalists and editors can access uploaded content from any location. When news breaks, teams can even start logging clips when shooting’s still going on, for even faster time-to-air.
• Smartphone or tablet remote control. You can operate the camera – and view the image – from a smartphone or tablet using Sony’s free Content Browser Mobile™ app (requires iOS 9.0 - 10.3 or Android 4.4 - 7.1). You can even connect compatible devices with one-touch NFC authentication.
• Wired LAN enables you to connect to Ethernet via the VMC-UAM2 USB adaptor and CBK-NA1 network adaptor kit, both sold separately
Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 12x zoom lens
A camera as advanced as the PXW-Z90V deserves an equally sophisticated lens. That’s why Sony fixed a Zeiss® lens of impressive capabilities.
• 29 mm wide-angle zoom (35 mm equivalent) is ideal for capturing panoramic landscapes.
•Zeiss T* coatings. This is a Zeiss® Vario-Sonnar® lens with the legendary T* (T-star) coatings, for impressive contrast and resolution.
• 12x optical zoom, 24x with Clear Image zoom, 48x with Digital Extender. The 12x optical zoom increases seamlessly to 18x (in 4K) or 24x (in Full HD) thanks to the Super Resolution technology of Sony’s Clear Image Zoom. The Digital Extender doubles this range yet again, up to 48x in Full HD.
•Lens ring enables smooth, natural adjustment of focus or zoom, depending on mode. A manual dial and buttons on the side of the body enable swift and easy adjustment of iris, ISO/Gain and shutter speed.
Built-in ND filters
The PXW-Z90V makes it easy to take advantage of shallow depth of field even in exterior day shoots. There’s no need to carry and mount external Neutral Density (ND) filters. The built-in ND filter wheel has positions for Clear, 1/4 (2 Stops), 1/16 (4 Stops) and 1/64 (6 Stops).
Wired remote interface
You can control Focus, Zoom, Rec Start/Stop and Rec Review via the wired remote interface and an accessory controller like the RM-1BP or RM-30BP, sold separately. With this interface, the camera forms a powerful, yet simple live solution with the RM-30BP and MCX-500 multi camera live producer, both sold separately.
Simple live solution
Sony had a game-changing idea: enable a single operator to run a multi-camera live production. The result was a robust, cost-effective switcher, the MCX-500 multi camera live producer and the companion RM-30BP remote control. The PXW-Z90V works seamlessly with this system. When used with the MCX-500 and RM-30BP, a Tally indicator will automatically appear on each camera’s LCD panel and viewfinder. A red icon indicates when the shot is live (PGM) while Green indicates preview mode (PVW). The MCX-500 supports up to nine video inputs, five stereo inputs including XLR with both internal recording and live streaming via Ustream™, Facebook Live, and YouTube Live. (Facebook Live and YouTube Live require V2.0 firmware.)
You can also synchronize timecode among multiple camcorders using our free Content Browser Mobile™ 3.0 app with optional CBKZ-WTCL upgrade and devices running iOS® (9.0 - 10.3) or Android® (4.4 - 7.1) operating systems. You can sync to your choice of camcorder or to a time that you determine.
High-resolution OLED viewfinder
For precise manual focus, Sony’s 0.39-type OLED viewfinder combines high brightness and contrast with the resolution of 2359K dots. The highly responsive viewfinder also eliminates color breaking. For added flexibility in composing shots, Sony supplements the viewfinder with a 3.5-type 1550K dot LCD.
Dual XLR inputs
The camera has two XLR connecters – so even if you remove the handle, a second XLR on the body is still available. It’s ideal for shooting in confined spaces, such as a car interior, or when mounting on a gimbal.
Multi-Interface (MI) Shoe The PXW-Z90V takes advantage of Sony’s flexible Multi-Interface (MI) Shoe, which provides power, signal connections and coordinated on/off switching to compatible accessories from Sony. For example, you can connect and control Sony’s UWP-D wireless microphone systems (sold separately).
Dual media slots
To extend recording time and flexibility, the camera provides two slots for SDXC™ and SDHC™ cards. Slot 1 is also compatible with Memory Stick PRO Duo™ (Mark 2) / PRO-HG Duo™ cards. To take advantage, Relay mode automatically switches recording to the second memory card when the first is full. Simul mode enables simultaneous recording to two memory cards (for example to create an immediate back-up version). The two Start/Stop buttons on the handle grip and camcorder body can independently start and stop recording on different memory cards while recording in Simul mode.
3G- SDI output and more
To support the broadcast environment, the PXW-Z90V incorporates 3G-SDI output, HDMI® terminal, and a Multi/Micro USB port that accommodates composite video and analog audio output. The camera can send a Rec Trigger signal to an external recorder via 3G-SDI or HDMI connection. For maximum flexibility, all three video outputs – 3G-SDI, HDMI and composite – are active during 4K (3840 x 2160) recording.
XLR handle unit (1)
Lens hood (1)
Lens cap (1)
Large eyecup (1)
Accessory shoe kit (1)
USB cable (1)
Rechargeable battery pack (NP-FV70A) (1)
AC Adaptor (AC-L200D) (1)
Power cord (mains lead) (1)
Wireless Remote Commander (RMT-845) (1)
Lithium battery (CR2025 for the Wireless Remote Commander) (1), Pre-installed to the Wireless Remote Commander
Operating Guide (2)
CD-ROM “Manuals for Solid-State Memory Camcorderr” (1)